5 Effective Ways Of Improving Your SEO Ranking
By following the below 5 search engine optimization (SEO) strategies consistently for 6+ months, your website rank and traffic shall increase tremendously. This free guide is given here by the good guy at Swiftleads SEO agency, we share and help you do what you might need leverage on. Here we go:
Why should you improve your SEO?
The main target of improving SEO, is to get a better SERP. A better SERP, especially the top three results earns you lots of organic relevant traffic. Here are precise metrics:
- • 67% of all clicks go to the first 5 search results.
- • Most online experience begins with a search in the search engines. Google search takes 75% of the share.
- • 2Million+ blogs are published every day, each with the aim of getting to the top results or the first page at least.
- • 2.2 million+ searches are conducted in Google every day.
1. Ensure you got relevant content published on a regular basis
How good are your content writing skills. Content is the cornerstone of a good SERP, there aren’t possible tricks to this. Quality detailed content that keeps visitors engaged on your website shall give a signal of relevancy on that keyword and consequently result in a better SERP.
Ranking content should have keywords used generously but not too much within your content. Use about 2 at the start and 2 at the end, use up to five within the remaining content. At whatever cost, never sacrifice quality user friendly content for SEO, good keyword fixing should easily synchronize with quality, user-friendly content.
Publish new content, and keep the old content assets updated. Constant update of content on your website is a relevancy indicator to the search engine, just like you expect the next brand of a product to perform better than the precede, so do search engine spiders. So, publish new content and optimize it for keywords as described below:
2. Find and Use Keywords Within Your Pages
Optimizing your content for relevant keywords starts with a keyword research. You have to optimize each page for a specific keyword. It is very advisable that you research on the keyword and fully settle on it before developing content.
How to settle on your keyword.
Just assume you’re your target audience, how could you search for that need that your page is targeted at solving? Now type in that sentence and get the keywords your target audience searches. For instance, if you are working on x health problem related products, you shall have a list similar to this:
- X health problem cure
- Signs of x health problem
- Best x-health problem cure
- How to treat x problem in y location.
From our experience, a page can only be optimized to target one keyword. If you got multiple keywords to target, then go for multiple pages with one for each keyword.
Search Engine Optimization Keyword placement.
How do you place your keywords correctly within your content to avoid keyword stuffing? Here is how to do it:
- Use 1-2 keywords within the introduction of your content.
- Use 3-5 keywords within the body.
- Use 1-2 keywords in the conclusion.
Avoid using many keywords than necessary. Do not force a keyword into the introduction, rather creatively tailor it to synchronize with your content. Remember, your user experience matters and forced keywords shall always feel weird to your target reader, making you lose in the conversion part.
3. Using Metadata to improve your Search Engine Optimization
Metadata is the short description of what your page entails. Each page provides an allowance for metadata between the tags.
- Title metadata.
The title page meta description is the title of your page. It is the most important metadata since, it appears on the top-most part of your web page. The title meta description serves both the role of converting potential visitors and also keyword SERP.
What should an SEO title have?
Readers depend on the title for information about the contents of your web page and whether it solves their problem. Therefore, ensure you develop:
- • Catchy title, demand for attention
- • Declare the main theme of your web page directly
- • Use your target keywords within the title content
- • Short copy written titles rank higher compared to long descriptive titles
- Description metadata.
Description metadata is the descriptive text of your web page shown by search engine results. Most SEO plugins like YOAST provide for an area to declare your description metadata. Look at it as a short catchy description of what your web page entails. The meta description is usually 2-3 sentences long and should have your target keyword within it’s content.
- Keyword metadata.
Keyword meta data includes the main target keywords for your web page. The keyword metadata is not used by search engines to rank your web page. Instead, it serves as a guide to your keyword usage through the content and metadata.
4. Using alt tags to improve your search engine optimization
Search engine crawlers cannot read images and videos to understand the kind of information contained. Alt tags are the text description of your photos and videos. Search engine crawlers use the alt tags to understand the contents of your photos or video and rank them according to the keywords.
5. A link worthy website shall improve your SEO.
How do you do your linking? A simple click here link shall go unnoticed by search engines and adds zero value to your SEO. Ensure that your links text includes a description of the destination. For instance, if you are linking to medium, instead of click here, you can use, learn more on medium.
Such descriptive links not only increase relevancy when search engines rank you but also improves your reader experience. Your descriptive link text should preferably use keywords because:
- • It improves your SEO
- • It improves your reader experience by giving more details, especially when visitors are scanning through your web page.
- • It improves the context of visitors with vision disability since the keyword shall be read out. It’s easier to tell a link by a description of the destination rather than a click here prompt.
- • Do not use URLs directly in your web content text. Always embed with a description of the destination as explained earlier.
While the above 5 effective ways of improving your SEO ranking are not the only SEO practices, implementing them shall improve your SEO and SERP. Publish relevant content on a regular basis, use relevant keywords appropriately, improve your metadata, check your links and use alt tags to optimize images and videos. There is more left to do before we get to page one, much of which is catered for in our rich resource blog. Keep reading, and keep improving.