TSC Retired Teachers Pension Calculator
Time needed: 5 minutes.
To calculate TSC retired teachers’ pension in Kenya, use the TSC teacher active service time and the average salary divided by 80 as explained below.
- Find your TSC active service years
Find your service years or length of employment years that you worked for TSC from the time of employment to the retirement date.
- Find the average of your salary
Now find the average of your monthly salary during employment. Average TSC salary = total salary paid ÷ number of salaries received.
- Now use this formula to find your TSC pension amount
(TSC Pension Ammount = (TSC Service Years × Average Salary) ÷ 80) ÷ (3)
The answer shall be the monthly pension Amount you shall be receiving as a retired TSC teacher in Kenya.
TSC Teacher Retirement Emoluments Calculator
Teachers started contributing 7.5% of their salary to their retirement plans. With these changes accommodated, the Kenyan TSC teacher emoluments shall be calculated as below.
The highest salary received during service is multiplied by 12 months to represent one year. The answer is then divided by 480 to get the number of emoluments a TSC teacher shall receive at the time of his retirement.
((completed month × annual salary) ÷ 480) × Years of TSC service with active contribution to retirement emoluments.
Additional Tips About TSC Teacher’s Pension
Many retired TSC members really go through a difficult time trying to determine their pension numbers.
As a solution to this challenge, I’ll briefly show you how you can check your pension number online today.
- Log in to your TSC service account
- Select ‘Payroll and compensation.
- Hereby, you can look-see your final payment tab as well as the ‘payment statement details’.
How to Check TSC Pension Processing Status
The time needed: 10 minutes.
To check your TSC pension processing status, go to your TSC online portal and search for ‘check pension status
After submitting your request, TSC shall hasten your TSC Pension Status. However, sometimes the process takes longer than you can expect. Keep checking from time to time.
- Go to your TSC online portal and open the Teachers Service Commission service portal online here.
- Enter your TSC numberEnter your TSC number in the space provided.
- Enter your ID number: your ID number or passport no.
- Search for ‘check pension status’In your TSC portal, use the search bar and enter ‘check TSC pension status’ hit search and you shall see your TSC pension status.
Frequently Asked Questions About TSC
✓ Log into the TSC employee self-service account ✓ Choose ‘Payroll and Compensation.” ✓ View the last payroll and the pay statement details.✓ Your pension number shall be indicated on your pay statement details.
The lowest teacher’s pension Ammount is 3,283 shillings. TSC teachers’ pension in Kenya is 15% of the active service salary.
TSC Pension Ammount = (TSC Service Years × Average Salary) ÷ 80
The pension Amount of the lowest TSC primary school teacher is 3,283 shillings.