Kplc is the largest distributor of electricity in Kenya. Electricity is among the major needs that drive both domestic and business life in Kenya. MPesa, equitel and other mobile money platforms have provided an affordable convenient way of paying for your kplc bills from the comfort of your home. Today, we are going to explore how to pay for kplc bills through Mpesa via kpplc MPesa Paybill number.
To play for your kplc bill via MPesa, you only need the Paybill number. The correct Paybill number for kplc is 888 880 for the prepaid customers and 888 888 for the post-pay customers. Below, we are going to give you a simple detailed guide on the process of paying for prepay kplc bills and buying postpay kplc tokens.
Steps on How to pay for kplc bills through Mpesa and equitel – KPLC Paybill number
How to pay kplc bill via MPesa
- On your mobile phone, navigate to sim tool kit then select the MPesa option
- From the MPesa drop-down menu, select ‘Lipa na mpesa’
- On the lips na Mpesa options, select ‘paybill’
- You shall be prompted to enter the Paybill number. For prepaid customers, the kplc Paybill number is: 888 880 and for postpay, the kplc Paybill number is 888 888
- For the account number, enter your kplc meter number
- Next, you shall be required to enter the amount you want to pay.
- Now, enter your M-pesa pin and accept.
MPesa shall send you a confirmation pop-up for you to a certain the details, if the details are correct, accept to finish the process.
For the prepaid customers, you shall receive an SMS confirmation from kplc with the amount you have paid, the tokens you have bought, and a unique 20-digit code for the token. Enter the 20 digit code into your meter and enjoy your electricity.
In case your tokens delay here is a guide on how you can retrieve them. In case you encounter further issues, here are the contact details for kplc customer care.
How to buy kplc prepaid tockens via equitel
- Open your equitel app and navigate to ezzypay
- From the ezzypay options, select Paybill and select the account number to fund your payment. Then select kplc tokens.
- Next, you need to enter your kplc prepaid meter number.
- Enter the amount you wish to pay for kplc options and select ‘ok’
- After this, enter your equitel pin number and then ‘ok’
- Confirm the details you entered and press ‘ok’
After this, equitel shall process the payment. Expect your tocken amount and number to your line through SMS. You are required to enter the equitel number to your prepaid meter in order to recharge your tockens.
How to pay for kplc bills through Mpesa and equitel – KPLC Paybill number – Other payment options
There are a number of other options that you can use to pay for your kplc bill. We explore some of them below.
- Cheque payments – KPLC accepts payments through check in selected points. All you need to do is drop your cheque in designated boxes at kplc selected drop-off point.
- Atm payments – you can process your payment through atm if you have an account with the standard chartered bank, cooperative bank of Kenya and post bank.
- Cash payments – You can make cash payments at official Kenya power cashier’s in official premises. Be careful and ensure the cashier’s are approved by Kenya power.
- Bank payments – For bank payments, you can pay your bills through cooperative bank branches in Nairobi and it’s outlets.
How to pay for kplc bills through Mpesa and equitel – KPLC Paybill number
Banks with m-banking options such as cooperative bank allow it’s costomers to pay for electricity bills through their phone. However, to do this you have to get an account that is registerd for kplc. For MPesa kplc bill payments, it might take up to 2 days to reflect in your account.
Kplc customer care contacts in a table
|Kplc customer care contacts – phone numbers||0711 031 000 |
|KPLC email firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kplc customer care website||http://www.kplc.co.ke/|
|Kplc customer care Twitter handle||@KenyaPower_Care|
|Kplc official Facebook customer care||https://www.facebook.com/KenyaPowerLtd?fref=ts|
Here is the full guide to kplc customer care contacts. We have touched on the best way to reach kplc and get an instant reply.