How To Reset Your Spectrum Wifi Router And Modem
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Resetting your modem and wifi router at home is easy and fast. Follow the below steps to reboot your spectrum modem and wifi router.
- Disconnect your spectrum modem
Start by disconnecting your spectrum modem from the power source. In case yours uses batteries, remove them also.
- Disconnect your spectrum wifi router.
Next, disconnect your spectrum wifi router from the power source.
- Allow 1 minute
Leave the unplugged spectrum wifi router and modem to cool down for at least 1 minute.
- Connect your modem to the power source
Now, reconnect your spectrum modem to the power source and allow time for the device to reboot.
- Check the modem indicators
Your modem indicator lights should light up once the rebooting process is over.
- Connect your spectrum router
Next, reconnect your spectrum wifi router to the power source.
- Allow your router time
Give time for your router to reboot, once the spectrum wifi router lights stabilize, you’re ready. You rebooted your spectrum modem and wifi router.
How To Reset Your Spectrum Wifi Router Online
- Visit the spectrum.net website and sign into your spectrum account online. You can also access your spectrum account via my spectrum app.
- From your spectrum account service page, select the services option
- From your spectrum services and equipment menu, select internet.
- Find the modem or wifi router that you need reset.
- Choose the ‘experiencing issues’ option
- Finish resetting your spectrum wifi router and modem by selecting ‘Reset Equipment’