Below, we provide a guide on how to start your cosmetics business shop in Kenya. We shall cover the research, plan, cosmetic products to stock, profits to expect, where to buy wholesale cosmetic items in Kenya, and the capital/costs of starting a cosmetic shop.
How To Start A Cosmetics Business In Kenya – Cost, Profits, Items, Ideas
We start with a summary of the details we shall share later on the best way to research, plan, start and make your cosmetics business profitable in Kenya. This basic summary covers steps and tips and shall be helpful if you’re doing general research about the cosmetics business, however, if you’re passionate and ready to start, make sure you read the whole guide.
- Understand how the cosmetics and beauty industry works.
Carry out your research and also talk to other people in the business. Carry out a survey and try to find a possible gap such as a missing item or service in the market.
- Find a suitable location.
Find a suitable location. A cosmetics shop can be located around many ideal places such as inside malls, plazas, or kiosks. Find the most suitable position that is within the reach of your budget. Find a place with a lot of human traffic near many potential customers. Also, ensure it is a place with little or no competition to increase profits.
- Decide on what goods and services you would like to offer.
Consider the cost of stocking up on certain items. Find out which beauty products are in demand and stock up on them. Examples of products in demand include eyeliners, perfumes, skincare products, and so on. The e-book contains a list of the best-selling cosmetics products and where to get them at wholesale prices.
- You will also need to find a good supplier.
A supplier who will sell you beauty products at an affordable price without compromising on quality will come in handy. It will also help in customer satisfaction and increase your cosmetics business profit margins by far. Most trusted suppliers are listed in the e-book.
- If you are to hire employees, hire competent ones
- Ones who will guarantee quality customer service and will properly manage your business. A good team will take your business to new heights.
- Market your business properly.
This will increase traffic and increase overall profits. Find out more about how you can take advantage of digital social media marketing to skyrocket your sales. This is a very important aspect, especially in the digital age of the cosmetics business. With social media, you can triple your sales within days as explained in detail in the pdf plan we shall provide after this guide.
Costs & Expenses Of Starting A COSMETICS BUSINESS IN KENYA
|Total Cost||60,000 – 500,000 shillings|
|Beauty products stock||20,000 – 100,000|
|Rent with deposit: sh.20,000||10,000 – 20,000 shillings|
|Electricity bills||1,500 shillings|
|A computer for printing receipts (optional)||sh.25,000|
|Permits and licensing||5,000 – 20,000 shillings|
|Advertising, branding, and marketing||5,000 – 20,000 shillings|
|Salary for staff||7,000 – 15,000 shillings|
Factors To Consider When Starting A Cosmetics Business In Kenya
Come up with a business plan. The cosmetics business will require proper planning and management just like any other business. You shall get a well-researched cosmetics business plan in the pdf e-book.
Planning will help you approximate the starting cost of the venture as well as assess the expected returns. This will help you determine the feasibility of the cosmetics business.
- Understand how the cosmetics and beauty industry works. Carry out your research and also talk to other people in the business. Carry out a survey and try to find a possible gap such as a missing item or service in the market.
- Find a suitable location. A cosmetics shop can be located around many ideal places such as inside malls, plazas, or kiosks. Find the most suitable position that is within the reach of your budget. Find a place with a lot of human traffic near many potential customers. Also, ensure it is a place with little or no competition to increase profits.
- Decide on what goods and services you would like to offer. Consider the cost of stocking up on certain items. Find out which beauty products are in demand and stock up on them. Examples of products in demand include eyeliners, perfumes, skincare products, and so on.
- Acquire the necessary licenses and permits. You will require a single business permit. Licenses may cost up to sh.20,000 and are very important. Annual fees may range between sh.3,000 to sh.15,000.
- You will also need to find a good supplier. A supplier who will sell you beauty products at an affordable price without compromising on quality will come in handy. It will also help with customer satisfaction.
- If you are to hire employees, hire competent ones who will guarantee quality customer service and will properly manage your business. A good team will take your business to new heights.
- Market your business properly. This will increase traffic and increase overall profits.
Tips To Increase A Cosmetics Business Profits In Kenya
- Offer a wide variety of products. This will increase the reliability of your business and therefore increase its popularity. It will also ensure that your shop competes favorably with other cosmetic shops.
- Ensure you sell quality products to your customers at affordable prices. This is guaranteed to increase customer loyalty and improve your popularity.
- Always ensure your premises are clean and materials are properly displayed to attract customers from afar. You need to ensure your shop stands out and is easy to distinguish from others. Use lights and related posters to market your business.
- Decorate your shop to increase its appeal to customers, it is a beauty shop.
This article has been a small guide to starting a cosmetics shop in Kenya. We hope you got a detailed overview and insights about the cosmetics business in Kenya. Go on and download the below cosmetics business pdf e-book guide for deep details and a ready plan to ensure you start the right way and avoid costly mistakes. The guide costs 150 shillings as a token for the research and resources we put into preparing it for you. You shall get a well-researched cosmetics business guide and a ready plan and secrets from already thriving ventures. Click on pay and download below, then pay automatically using M-Pesa, and download. See you next time.
Frequently Asked Questions About Starting A Make Up Business In Kenya
Starting a small cosmetics shop shall cost you slightly above or below 200,000 shillings. This cost shall vary depending on factors like location among others. Find a full breakdown in our e-book above.
To start a cosmetic business in Kenya, follow the above cosmetic business guide. It is of great importance that you consider downloading the cosmetic business guidebook above to get the whole clear picture. Get the recommended e-book cosmetics business guide to getting it right from the word go.
The cosmetics business is profitable if you put in the right strategy and effort. Your persistence and marketing strategies shall also play a big role in whether you are going to succeed.
The most profitable cosmetic product can be assumed to be the ones that sell the most. These are lipsticks, facemasks, and general facial beauty products followed by body lotion and other daily used cosmetic products.
There are a number of businesses you can start in the beauty industry. One of them that we have covered above is the cosmetics shop business, you can also start making homemade cosmetics products and supply them to cosmetics shops or sell them online. You could also be a fashion marketer and market different cosmetic products. Still, you could be a cosmetic products retailer and have many more opportunities according to your skills, experience, and capital.
The cosmetics business is forecasted to boom in the future, especially skin care beauty products which are forecasted to rise towards the peak by 2027.
Yes, the cosmetics business is growing steadily. There was an increase in the industry by about 4.5% this year and the growth is expected to continue booming.
The most successful business ideas in Kenya include blogging, selling snacks and fast foods, Boda Boda and taxi business, forex trading, and greenhouse farming among many others.
Beauty products that sell most are those that are basically needed and have to be used daily by a large population. For instance, you expect body oils and lotions to sell more than hip enlargement products. Facial and skin care products are the most selling cosmetic products.
The beauty business makes money by producing, marketing, and selling the beauty products
The top 5 most profitable businesses in Kenya are contract businesses, forex trading, modern farming, online advertisement, online products, and blogging among many others.
Procter and Gamble is the largest beauty company in the world with its headquarters in the United States.
A cosmetologist is a person licensed to provide cosmetic treatments to the hair, skin, and nails: one trained in cosmetology: is a beautician If you’re using
The safest make-up brand is the least noticeable brand that focuses on organic rather than chemical production of their make-up products. The safest make-up products are homemade organic ones, all the other brands no matter how much they migh5t try to convince the masses are full of toxins and side effects.
When Jenner faced backlash for denying having lip fillers in May 2015, she used the bad press to launch her brand six months later. Love her or loathe her, this tactic worked. The sale to Coty, whose portfolio includes CoverGirl and Max Factor, cemented Jenner as the youngest self-made billionaire in 2019
Seed Beauty is the company that makes cosmetics for the kylie cosmetics company.
Rich people think much differently compared to poor people. Rich people focus on making wealth from riches and are often focused on the long-term rewards rather than the hand-to-mouth thinking of the poor.
You can buy wholesale cosmetic products in Nairobi and across Kenya from the best lady distributors and others.
You should sell cosmetic products such as skincare products for men and women.