The Qatar General Electricity and Water Corporation (KAHRAMAA) kickstarted their smart registration service, in a bid to upgrade its services and provide high-quality services that their subscribers need as it implements the new smart service. Therefore, let’s have a look at the KAHRAMAA registration guide.
The smart registration for KAHRAMAA will be done automatically by linking integrated systems from the Ministry of Municipality and Environment and the Ministry of Justice without requiring citizens to submit request or process documents. This is done using the Suk system which automatically updates the database.
Through the smart registration service, the subscriber will be registered to KAHRAMAA automatically as soon as the rental contract is documented with the Ministry of Municipal and Environment without requiring the subscriber to submit a moving request to a new residence, or to pay the insurance.
This new system has simplified the KAHRAMAA registration process. The service will save consumers time, and effort. It is more effective and efficient as well. The number of subscribers visiting service centers is also set to reduce, which is effective in combating the spread of COVID-19.
KAHRAMAA registration guide
Follow the process outlined below to get a KAHRAMAA water and electricity connection in Qatar.
- Gather all the necessary documents and a valid rental agreement.
- The landlord has to register the contract with the Ministry of Municipality and Environment (MME). They are to forward the tenant’s information.
- Both parties will receive an SMS upom approval.
- Acquire the landlord’s QID copy as well as yours.
- Download the KAHRAMAA app from the Google Play Store, or from the Apple App Store, or log in to their website.
- You will be required to create a user ID and register yourself. KAHRAMAA will send you an activation code through SMS. Insert the code to activate the account.
- Make a deposit of QR2000 using your credit/debit card. This deposit is refundable upon cancellation, or transfer of the connection.
- Upload all required documents and fill them. The form contains details on tariffs and modes of payment.
- KAHRAMAA will take about 48 hours to take the water and electricity readings, and then transfer the connection under your name after all pending charges have been cleared by the previous owner.
For more information, and complaints, about the KAHRAMAA registration guide, contact KAHRAMAA at;
Head office is located at Corniche street, No. 61 at Sheraton Roundabout
PO Box: 41,
It is open daily from Sunday to Thursday
From 06:30 AM to 02:30 PM Daily.
It is closed on Fridays and Saturdays.
The Al-Khor service centre is located at Al-Farkiya Beach, road No.910.
PO Box 41,
Opening hours: Sunday – Thursday
07:30 AM – 02:30 PM
Friday and Saturday – closed
Musheireb Service Center at Al Adwaa Street No.860
P.O Box: 41,
Open daily from Sunday to Thursday
From 07:30 AM to 02:00 PM
Closed on Friday and Saturdays
Al-Doha Customer Service Center found at;
D-Ring Road, Street No.250, Al-Hilal
P.O Box 41,
Open daily from Sunday to Thursday at 07:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
Closed on Fridays and Saturdays.
Salwa Service Center at Salwa Road No.340, at Al-Azizia – Salwa Road.
P.O Box 41,
Open from Sunday to Thursday at 07:30 AM to 02:00 PM. Closed on Fridays and Saturdays.