Updated Mpesa Withdrawal & Sending Charges 2023
The new safaricom mpesa charges shall require Kenyans to pay the following per transaction:
|Deposits/ Recieving Money On Mpesa||Free|
|Sending between Ksh 1- 100 Via Mpesa||Free|
|Withdrawing Amounts between Ksh. 501 to Ksh 1,000||28 shillings.|
|Sending Amounts between KSh. 1501 to Ksh 2500||22 Kenyan shillings.|
|Ammounts From 2501 and less than 3500 shillings||Ksh 51|
|Withdrawing Ksh 5,000||67 shillings|
|Sending 5000 shillings||55 shillings|
|Sending Ksh 10 000 shillings||87 shillings|
|Sending Ksh 20,000||102 shillings|
|Withdrawing Ksh 20,000||180 shillings|
In this guide, you shall find all the rates and charges of safaricom mpesa services. We compiled mpesa withdrawal, sending and paying charges.
Safaricom mpesa has eased the process of sending, recieving and paying money using your mobile phone. Safaricom revised its mpesa sending and withdrawal charges in Kenya. Means Kenyans shall have to pay more for mpesa transactions.
The kenyan government decided to charge Kenyans 12% more from the normally excersised rate of 10% per each money transfer transaction.
Safaricom Mpesa Withdrawal Charges
Mpesa Withdrawal From M-PESA Agent Charges
For safaricom mpesa withdrawal charges, you cannot withdraw less than 50 shillings from an mpesa agent.
Mpesa Sending To Unregistered Users Charges
The table below shows safaricom mpesa charges for sending to unregistered users;
Safaricom Mpesa Sending To Registered M-PESA Users Charges | Pochi La Biashara | Mpesa Till To Customer
The below table shows what safaricom shall charge you when sending money via mpesa to Safaricom registered users, Pochi la Biashara and sending from mpesa till number to customer charges;
Mpesa Charges For Sending To Other Mobile Money Users | Airtel | Telcom
The table below shows the ammount you shall be charged by safaricom mpesa when sending to other mobile money users including Telcom and Airtel mobile money users.
|Buying Airtime through M-PESA||FREE|
|M-PESA balance Enquiry||FREE|
|Change M-PESA PIN||FREE|
Points To Note
- Maximum Mpesa Account Balance is KSHs.300,000
- Maximum Mpesa Daily Transaction Ammount is KSHs.300,000.
- Maximum Mpesa Ammount Per transaction is KSHs.150,000
- You can’t withdraw less than 50 shillings from an mpesa agent.
- To Start M-PESA User to user reversal, use the mpesa reversal number 456 by sending the confirmation message to this number.
- To do mpesa transactions, your Safaricom line and M-PESA account must be active
- At an agent outlet, you cannot deposit money directly into another M-PESA customer’s account
- Safaricom credits you bonga points for each transaction you do on mpesa.
- You need your national ID to access mpesa services from a safaricom mpesa agent.
Frequently Asked Questions About Mpesa Charges
The new mpesa Tarriffs are the revised charges for sending, paying and receiving money on mpesa.
Due to the anti-money laundering, know your customer policy by the central bank of Kenya, safaricom mpesa is not allowed to complete transactions of more than 35,000 shillings to unregistered users.
The lowest ammount that you can send using mpesa is 1 shilling.
Yes you can. You are allowed to make multiple cash withdrawals from the ATM. However the maximum withdrawal amount is limited to Ksh20,000 per day. Withdrawals vary from Kes 200-Kes 20,000 depending on the ATM.