NTSA Driving License Checker – Check Your DL Here
NTSA Driving License Checker
In Kenya, you are permitted to use the roads to drive your car, provided you own an original Driving license from NTSA. NTSA has made it possible for you to check if your Driving license is originally creating the tool NTSA Driving License Checker through which you can check/verify your DL.
NTSA started dishing out a digital smart Driving license in 2018, April, of which is similar to the National ID though it contains your personal information including your blood group. It also comprises of a secure digital chip comprising of your personal information that is only readable with NTSA electronic gadgets.
NTSA Driving License Checker Video Guide
How to check whether your Driving license is original
Time needed: 20 minutes.
Down below, we have provided you with some of the ways that you can incorporate to check whether your Driving license is original and still valid to use. They include:
- Visit NTSA the offices to check your driving license
To check the validity of your driving license you should be in a good position to visit the closest NTSA office. The NTSA officials will run your driving license details on the tool Checker and confirm if your registration number is on their database. They will also check whether the details on your Driving license match the details on the database. This is one of the easiest ways to check the validity of your driving license.
- Check your personal NTSA TIMS account
For those that have digital driving licenses, it is a must that you activate your NTSA TIMS account, as you will be using it quite often. You should log in to your TIMS account and verify if the details on your driving license match the details on your NTSA TIMS account. If not, then your driving license is not valid and fake. The system will also update your driving license expiry date of which should be the same as the one indicated on your Driving license.
- Check your driving license By using the NTSA app on your mobile phone
It is one of the simplest methods to confirm the validity of your driving license. All you have to do is:
log in to your NTSA account
Under the NTSA verification tab input your ID number.
Results will come back as to whether your Driving license ID is invalid or valid.
- Check your dl by use of USSD
In case you don’t have a mobile phone, you can still check the validity of your NTSA Driving License by:
Sending a text message to 22864, which includes your ID number.
NTSA will send you a message confirming whether your DL is valid or not.
Requirements to own a driving license in kenya
For you to own a valid driving license in Kenya, you should satisfy the following requirements:
- You should have attained 18 yrs. and above for a motor vehicle Driving license and 16 years and above for a motorcycle driving license.
- You should have passed your driving license examination and have a valid certificate.
- Have a international license or driving permit.
- You should confirm to the licensing officer that you do not have any illness or rather physical disability that will make it dangerous for you to use the public roads.
- You should be in a good position to read well a number plate about 25 km away. Blind or rather partially blind individuals cannot have a driving license in Kenya
How to easily check and the status of your driving license
NTSA Driving License Checker – Check/verify Your DL Here, can be used to check your driving license status. It is not a must that you line up to check if your Driving license ID is ready at the NTSA offices. You can confirm the status online through:
Check the status of your DL via the E-Citizen portal
- Login into your eCitizen portal
- Click on the NTSA menu
- Select check status
- You will receive a message from NTSA as to whether your Driving license is ready
Check the status of your driving license Through your NTSA TIMS account
- Open the official NTSA website online
- Under TIMS, register either, dealer, driving school, individual or financial company
- After successful registration, Input your details to log in
- Confirm your driving license status.
Confirm the status of your DL Through USSD
- Send a text message to 22846 including your ID number in this format, DL 12345678
- You will receive a message to confirm the status of your driving license.
How to apply for the ntsa Smart Driving license through your ntsa TIMS account
You should be aware that the old manual driving licenses will stop being relevant after some time, therefore you are encouraged to apply for a smart Driving license so as to avoid extra fines and punishment. The smart Driving license operates for three years. This is how to get started:
- Open your NTSA TIMS account by use of your KRA pin or ID number.
- Login your TIMS account and select the driving license part or section.
- Click to apply for your smart DL, and ensure all the details provided there are correct.
- Complete the payments and ensure that you submit the application.
- Select which day you want to go and collect your smart DL at Huduma centre. Ensure that you are with your ID card for verification and identification.
How you can renew your ntsa driving license
In case your Driving license has expired, this is hoe you can successfully renew it:
- Log in to your eCitizen or NTSA portal.
- Click on NTSA online driving license renewal in Kenya.
- Select the button, submit application and select the option driving licenses
- There are two options to choose from; driving license renewal for 3 years of which is Ksh. 1400 and driving licence renewal for 1 year of which is Ksh.600. You will be charged an extra ksh.50 as continence fee to the NTSA.
- Confirm if all your driving license renewal details are correct are select apply now.
- Pay for the renewal of your driving license. This can be either through Mpesa or by use of debit and credit cards.
- Print the driving license permit slip.
It is very important that you check the validity of your personal driving license through the online NTSA Driving License Checker – Check/verify Your DL Here. This will ensure that you do not face harsh punishment and fines from the authorities.
NTSA Driving License Checker Frequently Asked Questions
There are about 14 digits in your Driving license card that are matched in a certain sequence. The number sequence can be used by the NTSA to retrieve your driving license information from the driver database.
The driver number as we have already mentioned is a sequence of 16 digits that are unique for each and every one. It is found on the photochromic of your DL, slightly underneath the expiry date of your DL. It begins with the first 5 letters of your surname.
It is very important that you know when your driving license is expiring in order to avoid heavy punishment and fines from the authorities. The expiry date of your DL, is found on the front of your photocard.
In order to acquire the new smart Driving license in Kenya, you will pay around Kah.3000. The new smart Driving license is very similar to the National ID and similar to ATM bank cards due to the presence of an embedded chip.
I want check my driving licence validity