PRICE OF DAP FERTILIZER IN KENYA
DAP Fertilizer Price in Kenya | 50Kg, 25Kg
This post looks at the price of DAP fertilizer in Kenya after the reductions in prices by the ministry of agriculture. A 50 kg bag of DAP fertilizer costs Ksh.2,800.
Farmers in the country have a reason to smile after the Agriculture Cabinet Secretary Peter Munya announced the new prices of fertilizer. The price of DAP fertilizer in Kenya has been lowered to Ksh.2,800 from the initial price of Ksh.6,000
Price of Diammonium Phosphate (DAP) in Kenya
- DAP fertilizer will retail at Ksh.2,800 from Ksh.6,000.
- CAN fertilizer will now be selling at Ksh1,950 down from Ksh3,900.
- UREA will retail at Ksh2,700 from Ksh6,500.
- NPK will sell at Ksh3,000 from Ksh4,900.
- MOP will be selling for Ksh2,500 from Ksh3,800.
- Sulfate of Ammonia will be sold at Ksh2,500 from Ksh3,800.
Most of the fertilizer in the country comes from China and Russia and with the prevailing war in that region prices of fertilizer would hit Ksh.7,000 without the government subsidy. The rise in fertilizer prices is due to producer countries such as China, Russia, and Turkey restricting exports to protect their farmers.
Prices have also increased drastically due to the heavy consumption and demand from countries such as India, Brazil, and the USA that are buying up large quantities, hence reducing available global supplies. The govt has set aside Sh5.737 billion to subsidize 114.000 metric tons of fertilizer to enable farmers to grow food crops.
DAP 50 Kg Fertilizer Price in Kenya
DAP fertilizer is commonly preferred by farmers because of the vast benefits it has like:
- High Quality
- Nitrogen Fertilizer
- Improves Plant Resistance To Stress Such As Drought Or Frost And Certain Diseases
- Used For Pre-Planting Or As A Top Dressing
- High-Grade Fertilizer
- Easy To Use
List of Fertilizer Companies in Kenya
These are companies that mainly produce and sell fertilizers. Some have expanded their service capacity to offer farmer education and extension support services, testing, and research services
- Osho Chemical Industries Ltd
- ETG Limited
- MEA Fertilizers
- Elgon Kenya
- Yara Kenya
- Agro-Organics Ltd
- Afri Ventures (Kenya) Ltd
- Orbit Chemical Industries Ltd
- Murphy Chemicals E.A Ltd
- Ocean Agriculture E.A Ltd
DAP 50 Kg, 25Kg Fertilizer Price in Kenya
- Yara DAP Chapa Meli Fertilizer 50kg – KSh7,025
- Baraka Standard Planting Fertilizer 50kg – KSh6,264
50 Kg, 25Kg DAP Fertilizer DMBL Price in Ruiru
- DMBL Ruiru DAP Fertilizer 50kg – KSh7,025
- Ruiru DMBL DAP Fertilizer 25kg – KSh3,605
- DMBL Ruiru CAN 26%N Fertilizer 50kg – KSh6,535
- Ruiru DMBL CAN 26% Fertilizer 25kg – KSh2930
- DMBL Ruiru CAN 26% Fertilizer 10kg – KSh1,280
- Baraka Standard Planting Fertilizer 10kg – KSh1,288
The price of DAP fertilizer in Kenya has been lowered to Ksh.2,800 from the initial price of Ksh.6,000
Ruiru DMBL DAP Fertilizer 25kg – KSh3,605
DMBL Ruiru DAP Fertilizer 50kg – KSh7,025
The key difference between DAP and NPK fertilizers is that the DAP fertilizer has no potassium whereas the NPK fertilizer contains potassium as well.
The term DAP refers to diammonium phosphate, and it is a phosphate fertilizer; the world’s most common phosphorus fertilizer. Thus, we produce this fertilizer using two important constituents in the fertilizer industry; phosphoric acid and ammonia. NPK fertilizers, on the other hand, are an important source of nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorus. These are the three primary nutrients that the crops need for their growth and development.