This is why Uhuru Kenyatta didn’t attend Azimio la Umoja conference
• Uhuru Kenyatta was nowhere to be seen during Raila’s Azimio la Umoja Conference that happened at Kasarani Stadium.
• Uhuru Kenyatta was represented by the vice deputy of Jubilee party, David Murathe.
Why did Uhuru Kenyatta miss Azimio la Umoja conference?
Raila Odinga organised the Azimio la Umoja conference that took place in Kasarani stadium to kick start his election campaign. He announced himself as a presidential candidate for the upcoming 2022 elections in Kenya. Several politicians and followers of the Orange Democratic Movement were present.
For those wondering, this is why Uhuru Kenyatta didn’t attend Azimio la Umoja convention. The President of Kenya was in Tanzania for a two day visit of the state. He was welcomed to Tanzania by the President of the Republic of Tanzania, Samia Suluhu Hassan. The convention however did not stop and Raila Odinga declared himself as a 2022 presidential candidate.
Uhuru’s representatives at the Azimio la Umoja conference
Uhuru Kenyatta was represented by his right hand man, the vice chairman of Jubilee party, David Murathe. Murathe urged Kenyans to vote for Raila despite previous disputes. Kenyatta was also represented by five governors from Jubilee party that include:
• James Nyoro – kiambu governor
• Francis Kimemia – Nyandarua governor
• Martin Wambora – Embu governor
• Nderitu Muirithi – Laikipia governor
• Lee Kinyanjui – Nakuru governor